Any true American loves three things, bullets, beers and BACON! Here is three way to prepare bacon to perfect every time.
In the oven
1) Grab a bacon sheet (we aren’t making cookies today) and line it with foil (or not we’re not cleaning it).
2) Place bacon on bacon sheet with a little space between each piece.
3) Put that bacon sheet in the oven and turn it up to 400 degrees F. (204 for you celsius crazies) and leave it for 15 minutes* while you have a beer and kick back. (*For thick cut or crispy bacon it may need an additional 5 minutes.)
4) Remove that perfect bacon with tongs and place on paper towels.
5) Put the grease in a container with a seal for later use. (use in cooking, to oil hinges, or as a beard oil)
In the Microwave
1) Line a plate with a couple of paper towels.
2) Place bacon onto the paper towel-lined plate, ensuring no overlap. (more than 4 slices not advised)
3) Cover the plate with another layer of paper towel
4) Microwave on high for 1 minute per slice.
5) Take the plate out and after setting it down, shake your fingers and curse because that plate was hot. (Don’t worry, we have all been there.)
6) Unwrap your bacon and enjoy.
On the stove
1) Place bacon in a cold pan and turn the heat to medium.
2) As the pan heats and the slices begin to buckle, flip them with tongs or a fork.
3) If needed carefully pour off excess grease (as mentioned in part 1) and continue flipping until the bacon is done. I prefer this method because it allows for the bacon to be cooked the way you or others like it.
4) When fully cooked place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to catch excess grease and allow it to cool.