Grunt Style Beer reviews- II
Last weeks Beer :30 sponsor.
1. Our India Pale Ale recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result is a hop lover’s dream with a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, and long hop finish.
Grunt Style Opinion: It’s a nice clean beer that can be drank anytime. They say pair with curries, chicken, or pork. Forget that, pair it with anything.
2. The coffee lover’s consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and two types of coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.
Grunt Style Opinion: This is an amazing stout. Full flavor and filling, it is my go to for breakfast. The chocolate and coffee compliment each other nicely. This is a great beer for an afternoon watching football with your feet kicked up.
3. Sweet Action…Through all of the madness emerged an undefinable beer called Sweet Action;a beer that your brain cannot categorize but instead speaks directly to your palate. Our senses and intuition sometimes trump rational thought. It’s Mad Science.
Grunt Style Opinion: A nice bitter taste, with hints of sweetness throughout. Crisp carbonation that pushes the soft citrus tones from start to finish.
4. This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one’s only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry.
Grunt Style Opinion: Looking at this label just makes you want to like it right off the bat. You don’t even want to throw it away when you’re done. It’s just plain beautiful and it looks like Skeletor finally has his own beer label. Then you try it, and tastes just like it looks. That flat silver sheen that you’re seeing on this great design is a lot like the taste. It tastes just like you’re pouring an incredibly tasty, hoppy, micro-brew down a sheet metal funnel. The taste of aluminum, however, is a welcome pairing to the great flavor. It’s got a great taste, and it sticks with you for a while in a very good way. Get it when you can though, because this beer does not stay on shelves. It’s near impossible to find, so treat it like the four leaf clover that it is when you see it. – SS (A Marine but not the cool kind (more the epic kind))
5. A tempest on the tongue, or a moment of pure hop bliss? Brewed with a dazzling blend of American hops and Scottish malt, this crimson-hued ale delivers waves of citrus, pine and carmel-toffee. For those who favor flavor, Furious has the hop-fire your taste buds have been screaming for.
Grunt Style Opinion: At the suggestion of Stan, I went on the hunt for anything Surly Brewing. I don’t hate the pine in this, and like the citrus hints a lot. Additionally, the carmel-toffee could be more prominent, but overall it is a great beer.
[mwi-cat-listing cat=”94″ ppp=”4″ cols=”4″ desc=”false” type=”view” btn_color=”black” ]