It’s true; retired Marine General Mattis is in the running to become the Secretary of Offense. Er, Defense. Yeah. That.
Marines everywhere are rejoicing at this opportunity for one of the most revered and respected men alive today to have a seat in government. We thought it would be a good time to celebrate some of the greatest things “Mad Dog” Mattis has ever said:
10. “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”
9. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
8. “PowerPoint makes us stupid.”
7. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
6. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”
5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
4. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
3. “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”
2. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
1. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
Do you have any others that you’d add to this list? Let us know in the comments!