Eat This! Pineapple Bacon Bomb!
Let’s face it: Men love bacon; America loves bacon; If you’re smart and know the value of flavor, you love bacon. Before we get into all the bacon goodness of this pineapple bacon bomb, let’s set a few ground rules.
- If you don’t like bacon, we’re not talking to you.
- If you think talking about cholesterol outweighs the amazing taste of bacon, we’re not talking to you.
- If you don’t want to indulge in a grilled treat that will make you the envy of your friends as tantalize your taste buds, we’re not talking to you.
Ok, that should clear out the weak minded and frail stomached folks. This amazing salute to debauchery was originally created by Josh Bush in 2015. Some people call it a swineapple. Others may call it a bacon and pineapple delight. We don’t care what you call it. We just know that if you don’t fall into the above categories, you want to eat this ASAP! Let’s dive into this amazing recipe!
Here’s your step-by-step guide to making this amazing culinary concoction that you’ll be making again and again!
- Place the pineapple on its side and chop the top off at about an inch under the sprouted leaves.
- With a carving knife, clean off the outer portion of the pineapple, making sure that there’s no bark left.
- Using a big spoon, spoon out as much of the edible portion of the pineapple as you can without breaking out of the shell you’ll be making (you need to be careful to ensure that you don’t break through so you can then stuff it later).
- Place raw pork tenderloin strips inside the opening and fill out with some of the pineapple portions you scooped out so it makes a tight fit around the pork.
- Wrap the outside of the stuffed pineapple with the bacon weave as shown.
- Place in a smoker at 225 degrees for about 5 hours.